搜索

Dragon boat festival in my hometown

[复制链接]
查看: 2531|回复: 6
发表于 2010-6-15 15:53:50 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式 来自: 中国福建福州
Dragon boat festival is held once a year in terms of Chinese traditions,which dates back to more than 2000 years ago. It is usually celebrated on the fifth day of the fifth lunar month.Since the year before last,it is stipulated for three days on this statutory holiday. Unluckily,there is often rainy weather which can make us feel unhappy. In my hometown,there are hundreds of households in one community that would contribute towards a dragon boat that is specially built ,which is commonly twenty meters long and two meters in width.when the festival is approaching,people would carry the boat to the bank of a river near my village, and then place it on water.There are tens of boats running across the water and thousands of people standing along the banks.As a rule,a boat can commonly accommodate twenty people in two rows ,each holding a oar in the hands.  A vigorous man usually stands in the middle of the boat heavily hitting a drum,everyone in the boat should coordinate each other striking the oars in the water to make the boat go faster at the same pace according to the rhythms sound of the drumbeats,and another man stands at a stern holding a rudder to navigate the boat .Each two boats could compete against each other running rapidly in order to reach a goal before them.Not only competitors in the boats but also spectators on both sides of the rivers are cheering and shouting gladly ,that is a grand spectacle.

评分

参与人数 1经验 +10 收起 理由
欧美地英语 + 10

查看全部评分

发表于 2010-6-15 15:59:12 | 显示全部楼层 来自: 中国福建福州
发表于 2010-6-15 16:04:29 | 显示全部楼层 来自: 中国福建福州
天书呀
发表于 2010-6-15 16:07:24 | 显示全部楼层 来自: 中国福建福州
没必要吧
发表于 2010-6-15 16:56:10 | 显示全部楼层 来自: 中国福建福州
看晕了,只知道是关于你那边的端午划龙舟.
发表于 2010-6-15 17:59:35 | 显示全部楼层 来自: 中国福建福州